Los Vilos, the best place in the world


La imagen puede contener: 1 persona

I have gone to many places in my life - I've had that luck - only twice have I left chile, but one of those came to the Amazon !! In spite of all that and the wonderful places that I have managed to know my favorite place and my best holidays are in Los Vilos. 

I'm not sure I can say which of all my vacations in Los Vilos was better. I go to town at least twice a year since I am 3 years old and we stayed there between one week to three months. I have so many memories in that place!! I almost always went with my parents when I was a little kid, but lately, I've been with my partner, with my little brother, with my friends and even alone. Always go back to Los Vilos. 

It may seem boring in relation to many adventures but I love the place for how quiet it is, I love to walk along the waterfront, go out to eat seafood in the morning, go inside to buy caramel with goat milk, and eat Churrascas in the late.

My favorite experience will always be to venture into the ravines and nearby dunes. With my parents we were going to climb the dunes and find the old rails that were on the other side, to look for quartz inside, to dive in the nearby beaches to shell out and see fossils in the rocks, find rock art in the rocks of the ravines. We have done so many things that it is very difficult for me to name them all!   

Two of my most favorite experiences are the "party" of San Juan - where the whole town celebrates with dances from the cove to the rock of the virgin, and they take the Virgin of Urkipiña, the most beautiful virgin of all in my non-Catholic opinion - and a very special birthday in this place, when I turned 13. I remember that year I was alone in the place, I stayed with my great grandparents and my parents did not rush to arrive. A friend who lived in the town wanted to give me a surprise and he got a boat from the cove with his father, together with other friends we went to the middle of the sea and celebrated the birthday there, it was magical! Then it started to rain and all the food was ruined but I loved it, with rain and everything. 

No matter how many places in the world I go, or how many new experiences I have, Los Vilos will always have a special place in my heart 💓

Comentarios

  1. I don't think that experience sounds boring, I really want to stay many days in a place like that.

    ResponderBorrar

Publicar un comentario

Entradas más populares de este blog

The fall of the house of Usher

Postgraduate studies

Darien